You will complete one Forum for each Lesson. Each Forum will be worth 30 points. You will receive 20 points for your original forum post and 5 points for your two peer posts. For the original post, I expect two good paragraphs, a good paragraph being 8-12 sentences with unity, coherence, and authentic reflection. Your two peer posts should be one good paragraph each.
In this forum, talk about an issue that is near and dear to your heart. Being as formal and as logical as you can, create a two-paragraph argument that we can follow that will help us to understand your belief in the issue. Even though this issue is important to you, aim to be as objective as possible. Remember, too, to be respectful of those in the class who may have views that differ from your own.
When you are finished typing your argument (and before you post it), click on “Use Advanced Editor” underneath your posting. Then, go back through your posting and: 1) underline the premises of your argument; and 2) highlight your conclusion in bold.
Finally, at the end of your posting, type a few sentences that comment on your argument. Does the conclusion seem to logically follow from the premises? Are there any logical holes or fallacies in your argument? How might you improve your argument?
*When you reply to your classmates, please remain objective and focus on the logical strength of their arguments rather than reflexively reacting to their views per se.
For “A” work in your Forum, did you
- Write two full paragraphs (a full paragraph being at least 8-12 sentences) for your original post?
- Write one full paragraph for each of your two peer replies?
- Proofread your writing to make sure it is unified and coherent?
- Revise your writing to make sure it is free of grammatical errors that detract and distract from your ideas and thoughts?
- Respond with sincerity and civility?
- Speak from an authentic and interesting voice?