Using at least THREE of the songs (listed below), answer the following for each (minimum of 100 words for each song)
1. Describe the song’s emotional impact.
2. Identify the song’s topic and purpose – how is it connected to the Vietnam War? Is this an obvious connection?
3. Analyze the song’s content.
4. Analyze the song’s effectiveness as a tool for social protest.
5. How can the song by viewed as a historical document?
Jimi Hendrix – Star Spangled Banner (Live at Woodstock, 1969)
Edwin Starr – War
Barry Sadler – The Ballad of the Green Berets
Credence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son
Country Joe McDonald – I Feel Like I’m Fixin’ to Die Rag
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young – Ohio
Bruce Springsteen – Born in the USA
Barry McGuire – Eve of Destruction
Pete Seeger – Bring ‘Em Home
Richie Havens – Handsome Johnny
John Lennon – Give Peace A Chance
Marvin Gaye – What’s Going on?
The Doors – Unknown Soldier