This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Throughout Topics 2-5 of the course, you will participate in a series of Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignments. These assignments will build upon one another and be used as the basis for the Reflective Journal assignments throughout the course.
This CLC assignment has an individual component that must be completed and shared with the group before the CLC assignment can be developed and submitted.
The purpose of this assignment is to assess how leadership styles, traits, and practices, and the role of servant leadership, are applied in public health.
As an individual, review the topic Resources and complete the following activities:
- “How Emotionally Intelligent Are You?”
- “The Leadership Motivation Assessment”
- “What’s Your Leadership Style?”
In the CLC forum, summarize and share with your group what you learned about your specific leadership style and traits. Review what the other members of your group have shared. Examine your similarities and differences.
Review the topic Resources related to servant leadership.
As a group, discuss the concept of servant leadership, including its tenets, traits and the practice of these as a successful servant leader in the CLC forum. Discuss the benefits of utilizing servant leadership as a public health leader and determine what role servant leadership can play in becoming a successful leader in the field of public health.
Working as a group in the CLC forum, create an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation discussing leadership and its application to public health from the perspective of a public health leader. Include speaker notes for each slide. Use an additional slide for your references at the end of the PowerPoint.
Include the following:
- Each member: Create a slide summarizing your leadership style, traits, and practices completed in Part 1. Include a slide for each member in the presentation.
- Compare the personal leadership traits, styles, and practices of the group members, commonalities between group members’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain why it is important for public health professionals to be aware of their personal leadership style, traits, and practices.
- Discuss the benefits of applying servant leadership as a public health professional. Explain how the tenants of servant leadership can be used by a public health leader to empower and positively influence others as they .
- Discuss how leaders who practice servant leadership and have a strong understanding of their personal leadership traits, can successfully lead others and navigate the unique challenges that are part of public health. Provide two examples that illustrate your main ideas.
You are required to cite to three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.