This assignment focuses on the human connection to a common designed object/process.
- Select a topic from the following:
- An automated banking machine
- Online shopping
- An accessible parking space
- Electric/hybrid car
- A government tourist information service
- Analyze your chosen topic from a ‘stakeholder’s’ perspective, that is:
- consider and describe all of the people (primary and secondary stakeholders), groups, industries, etc. who affect and are affected by the ‘life-cycle’ of the product – those who have a stake or interest in its creation, use, and final outcome.
- How does it integrate into a societal and individual context?
- Submission should include all and text, graphics and images in ONE complete PDF document. Save as:
There have been a few inquiries about the content and word count for the upcoming Stakeholder Analysis assignment. So, I wanted to share this note:
1) While the word count is not critical, I do expect the analysis to adequately address the second point made in the assignment criteria. A total of 8-10 pages of work is sufficient (including title and reference pages, as well as the images).
2) The analysis should consist of at least three parts: Introduction, a detailed identification and prioritization of all stakeholders, and the discussion of the topic within its individual and societal context.
3) Using images to support the analysis such as stakeholder mapping and stakeholder matrix.
4) Title and Reference pages
The following rubric indicates those areas you should be focusing on in preparing your assignment, and how the instructor will weigh these components relative to one another.
Activity/Competencies DemonstratedGradeAnalytic insights of observations/40Grammar and proper sentence structure/20Organization and weighting of all relevant stakeholders/15Quality and relevance of visual material layout and labeling/15 Thoughtfulness and insight concerning future trends /10Total/100